BOTOX® & Dysport – Injections for Treating Wrinkles, Creases, & Lines
These injections are neurotoxins, which work by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles, causing them to relax. Neurotoxins are mainly used to smooth dynamic wrinkles, or those wrinkles that form as a result of facial movements like frowning, squinting, smiling, and other expressions we tend to make day after day.
Used for the following aesthetic concerns:
- Moderate to severe frown lines between the brows
- Sagging and droopy brows – Gently lifting a droopy brow brightens up the eyes and makes you look less tired and angry.
- Horizontal forehead creases and frown lines – Smoothing away deep lines across the forehead makes you look less angry and more approachable.
- An overly prominent or square jawline (masseter) – By rounding your jawline, it changes the shape of your face to make it look more feminine and softer.
- Downturned lip corners – An ever so slight upturning of the lip corners prevents you from looking sad or upset all the time.
- Prominent platysmal bands in the neck – By relaxing the prominent vertical bands in your neck, you’ll get rid of that “turkey gobbler” look.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows, and crow’s feet, in people 18 to 65 years of age.
As the most commonly performed in cosmetic treatment in North America, BOTOX® is considered by most medical professionals as the gold standard in treating wrinkles, creases and lines. BOTOX Cosmetic is the only FDA approved aesthetic treatment for moderate to severe frown lines between the brows (glabellar lines) and wrinkles extending from the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet) in adults. The active ingredient in the product is Clostridium botulinum. In small doses, this organism can be incredibly helpful in treating not just cosmetic issues, but those related to health, from chronic migraines to spasticity and stress urinary incontinence.
Dysport, like Botox, is an FDA-approved product that will help to soften facial expression lines between the brows without surgical intervention or unnecessary downtime.
Why Are These Injections So Popular?
- The treatment takes just 10-15 minutes. The pre-consultation, discussion of your goals and skin assessment usually take longer than the actual treatment! It’s so fast many people get it done over their lunch hour.
- There are no knives involved as it’s just an injection treatment and most patients don’t complain of pain or discomfort. Numbing cream can be applied beforehand to make your experience even more comfortable.
- The results can be subtle to dramatic — whatever YOU prefer. Do you want a minor improvement that’s barely noticeable or a dramatic overhaul of your look? Whichever it may be, we can help you achieve it to your satisfaction.
- It is extremely affordable. If you consider that results usually last about 4 months, a typical treatment would cost you about a cup of coffee a day. Repeated treatments will give you longer lasting results to make this even more affordable!
It will take a few days for your results to appear. While most of our clients can see an improvement in a few days, please allow up to 2 weeks for the full improvement to appear. Common side effects include bruising and swelling. You’ll be amazed at how much younger and refreshed you look! Results last up to 4 months, or more with repeated treatments. It’s time to get rid of those pesky wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers – Injections for Plumping & Volume
If you desire to rejuvenate your skin without having aggressive surgical procedures, dermal fillers may be a great option for you. Dermal fillers have increased in popularity because they are much safer, and less expensive than surgery. As we age, our faces lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles then work to our skin’s surface, and smile lines and crow’s feet can become more noticeable. You can recover the vitality of your skin with dermal fillers after the first treatment, and the effects can last for 6-18 months. Treatments can take between 20-40 minutes, depending on the amount of fillers needed.
Dermal fillers are smooth gel injections used to fill the soft tissue under the skin. The gel is made from naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. These fillers can stimulate collagen growth, and also add volume to weakened facial features. They are also FDA approved, minimally invasive, and very safe. It is important that there are possible risks after this procedure, which include bruising and swelling. This is typically very minimal, and will fade quickly.
Dermal fillers are typically used for the following aesthetic purposes:
- Lip Plumping
- Softening facial creases and wrinkles
- Cheek & Chin Enhancements
- Non-surgical Facelifts
- Eyebrow Lifting
- Disguising Eyebags
JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC is a smooth gel filler used to instantly smooth away wrinkles around your mouth and nose. With just one treatment, you’ll get smooth and natural-looking results.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC smoothes the appearance of vertical lip lines while adding subtle volume.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURETM XC softens moderate to severe parenthesis lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It will give you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile that lasts up to two years.
Restylane is an injectable dermal filler that will add volume and fullness to your skin thru the power of hyaluronic acid to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
Restylane Lyft is a longer lasting version of Restylane® that is intended for volume filling along with correcting deeper lines and folds and cheek enhancement lasting up to one year.
Restylane Contour is a dermal filler injected under the (facial) skin. Once in place, it helps restore volume of your midface. Restylane Contour may also be used to increase fullness of your cheeks. Restylane Contour is made out of hyaluronic acid (HA) – a naturally occurring sugar, found in the body that gives the skin moisture, volume and elasticity – and a small amount of lidocaine, which is a commonly used local anesthetic to numb the skin. Restylane Contour is crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of HA, to provide a gel filler that lasts longer at the treatment site.
Restylane Kysse is a clear injectable gel composed of hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a naturally occurring sugar, found in the human body. Restylane Kysse is crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of HA to provide a gel filler that lasts longer. HA fillers, including Restylane Kysse, contains HA that has been modified to last longer in the body than the naturally occurring HA. Restylane Kysse contains 0.3 % lidocaine to reduce pain during injection.
Facial Injectable Product Options & Pricing
- Botox – $12/unit
- Dysport – $4/unit
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC – $675/syringe
- Juvederm VobellaXC – $700/syringe
- Juvederm Voluma XC – $800/syringe
- Juvederm Vollure XC – $650/syringe
- Restylane – $600/syringe
- Restylane Lyft – $650/syringe
- Restylane Contour – $800/syringe
- Restylane Kysse – $750/syringe
For information about our Wellness Injectables, including B12, lipotropic shots, and IV therapies, visit our Wellness Injectables page.